Sunday, February 17, 2013

Big Cherry Holler

 This is the sequel to Big Stone Gap.  I read most of this book driving back home from Maine.  I yelled a lot and I had to explain why to Chris.  :)  This book was a lot more frustrating to read because Ave Maria seemed so self-righteous and hypocritical.  The troubles in their marriage began after their son died, but I'm still a little fuzzy on whether or not that issue was resolved between them.  The jealousy thing drove me insane and my favorite part of the book was when Ted told Ave Maria to get over herself.  I was also annoyed by how dismissive she was of Jack Mac's firing and subsequent desire to start his own business.  She just didn't seem to want to understand where he was coming from.  She just wasn't being supportive to him but always expected him to be supportive of her.  I guess it ended all right, but I wasn't inspired to read the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment