Sunday, July 1, 2012

Boonsboro

To cap off our romantic June theme, Megan and I went to Boonsboro, MD to see the town my favorite romantic author, Nora Roberts, practically owns.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, Roberts' newest series takes place in Boonsboro and centers around the renovation of the Inn Boonsboro that she and her husband spearheaded.

I was so excited to go see my book in real life!  The outside of the inn is beautiful.  It is, however, a not-so-friendly atmosphere.  It is locked to the public and the innkeepers apparently have a mission to keep all non-guests out of the building.  Megan and I sort of crept in to ask questions about possibly staying there and we were allowed about two feet inside the door, given a brochure, and then fairly firmly herded out.  Sigh.  Even as a major Nora Roberts fan, I don't think I want to stay there.  


The bookstore across the street is owned and operated by Nora's husband and it's an eclectic, small-town shop with an emphasis on bestsellers, local authors, and souvenir knick knacks.  They have a Nora Roberts room, of course, and I think I've read every single book in there.  :)  She is in town for book signings about once a month and I will attend one of those in the future.


1 comment:

  1. Be sure to tell her you work at Blair!

    ReplyDelete