Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Vision in White


This is the first book in Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet.  She does this a lot - writes separate novels for a group of friends or siblings to make a miniseries.  I wouldn't consider this her best series, but the topic is one of my favorites - wedding planning!  If I weren't a teacher and were a braver person, I'd start my own wedding planning business.  In this series, the girls were childhood friends and each grew up with a different skill set that combined to create a highly successful company.  "Vision in White" is about the photographer.  Nora Roberts is pretty predictable at this point, but I still love her!  I especially love her dialogue.  It's fast and witty and really funny sometimes.  The girls have great chemistry and the guys they eventually fall for are nicely original.  (After you've written 100+ romances, it's probably difficult coming up with completely new stories every single time.)  I won't bore you with a blog about each book in the quartet, but if you're into weddings, you should definitely read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment