Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bookends


I bought four books by Jane Green from Borders when they were having their closing sale (moment of silence for Borders...).  Bookends was the first one I read.  Honestly, it was kind of boring.  The beginning was OK and then I needed the story to move along faster, so I skipped the middle, picked it up again about 100 pages from the end and felt like I hadn't missed much.  It's the story of a bunch of college friends who drifted apart after a fight with one of the group.  A few of them stayed in touch and they each have different relationship issues - too needy, can't commit, no spark, etc.  It's a story about how friends can help and hinder your search for love and companionship.  As a whole, it was enjoyable, but not gripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment