Sunday, June 17, 2012

Call Me Irresistible


It took me a couple chapters to get into this book because the names of the characters are really strange...Fleur Savagar Koranda...Cornelia (Nealy) Case Jorik...they were just weird.  But the two main characters, Meg and Ted, were quite engaging.  Their personalities were a lot like the Cinderella Deal, actually.  The girl was flaky in an "I don't know what I'm doing with my life" kind of way and the guy was very well put together like Mary Poppins - "practically perfect in every way."  Some parts of the book stretched the limits of my imagination (things were just a little too contrived sometimes), but I enjoyed it and by the end of the book, literally couldn't put it down.  I was putting groceries away and reading the book at the same time!  :)

I discovered at the end of the book why all the other couples in the book (Meg's parents, Ted's parents, Ted's childhood best friend, Meg's best friend's parents) were so cutesy and happy together...it's because they were subjects of previous books by Susan Elizabeth Phillips!  So now I have to read all those.  :)  There are seven books in this series that take place in "Wynette, Texas."  The first one is "Fancy Pants," if you like reading books in order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment