Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Adventures of Tin Tin


This isn't the book I'm reading for the book club, but we just went to see the movie yesterday and my husband has all of the original comic books!  I never read these when I was a kid; never even heard of it until I saw my husband's collection.  Have any of you read them before?  The movie was entertaining and the animation was AMAZING!  The movie was based on three of the comics: The Crab With the Golden Claws, Red Rackham's Treasure, and The Secret of the Unicorn.  Like most comic books, they're sort of a social commentary - there are some stereotypical racial references and lots of east vs. west cold war stuff, but they're still fun to read.  If I knew more about history, I'd probably get more out of them.  :) 

2 comments:

  1. Read them all many years ago -- very different from most comic books. Will probably see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read these to the little boys I babysat for. I love Tin Tin's little dog Snowy!

    ReplyDelete