Friday, January 13, 2012

Angels and Demons


I read Angels and Demons because of the hubbub over The Da Vinci Code.  But I like reading books in order and A&D came first.  Subsequently read The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol.  I think my favorite was The Da Vinci Code.  A&D was gruesome, although the palindromic writing was totally cool!  Yesterday, one of my students asked me what the Illuminati was.  :) 

DVC was like a treasure hunt - more fun, with a touch of suspense.  The Lost Symbol was...disappointing.  I gotta say, I wasn't as upset at Tom Hanks being cast as Robert Langdon as most people seemed to be.  I didn't watch the movies though.  I've seen clips of them on TV, and they don't seem to convey the level drama and suspense that my imagination conjures up when I read the books.

1 comment:

  1. Read both Angels and Da Vinci -- found both to be highly entertaining -- have not seen the movies.

    ReplyDelete