Thursday, January 12, 2012

Something Borrowed


So I bought Something Borrowed cuz the cover was a pretty pink.  :)  I am guilty of judging books by their cover.  And I was starting a chick lit phase in my reading choices.  I find the way they write girls in chick lit both fascinating and completely obnoxious.  Sometimes it makes me embarrassed to be a girl.  Are we really that ditzy?  Whiny?  Selfish?  I sort of got sick of the whole "martyr-act" by Rachel too.  Meanwhile, Emily Giffin's a really engaging writer and I've read all her books except one.  I saw the movie with Audrey and surprisingly liked it.  They nailed the casting - John Krasinski was perfect as Ethan.

1 comment:

  1. I found my original journal entry about this book. I first read it in Oct 2008.

    Well, I finished this book and told Chris all about it. I simply don't understand why people cheat. It's not that I don't think they'll fall for other people, but why can't they break up with the one they're with and then go for someone else? I mean, did Dex really think he was still going to have a happy ever after with Darcy after his affair with Rachel? And that girl is full of excuses. It's a good thing Dex made a move, I guess. I just don't see how she could be that spineless in her relationships. She let Darcy walk all over her, she couldn't tell Dex what she wanted (a little more sympathetic to that - have a hard time communicating with Chris sometimes), and didn't even strike back when Darcy went into "How could you do this to me" mode. Stupid, hypocritical Darcy. I read the preview to the next book and like how Marcus burst her "I'm the victim" bubble. I'll read the next one just to see what happens to her.

    ReplyDelete