Friday, January 27, 2012

Chronicles of Narnia


I actually really like the new movies.  Prince Caspian was a bit farfetched with Caspian being at least a teenager in the most recent movie and definitely younger in the book, but I liked some of the changes they made to Voyage of the Dawn Treader and they were quite faithful to the book in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  They are, of course, much better produced than the original BBC mini series, but the big stuffed lion they used for Aslan in the TV version will always hold a special place in my heart.  :) 


Edmund has always been my favorite, even with the whole betrayal thing in the first book.  He grows up so much by the second book!  Peter is too self-righteous for me and Susan is too holier than thou.  I didn't realize when I first read the series that the Magician's Nephew was sort of tangential to the storyline.  I reread all the books before the new movies came out and they were much simpler that I remember them being.  I didn't read too much into the religious aspect - the Aslan/Jesus connection is fairly obvious, but I think I need to study more about Christianity to get all the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment