Sunday, January 29, 2012

One For the Money


For fans of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, I think the movie will be a huge disappointment.  It was soooo poorly cast.  I could not get over the fact that my mental image of the characters (through eighteen books now!) did not match in any way, shape, or form, the actors they chose for the movie.  I don't think I'm alone in this either.  The movie itself was cute, but I don't know how it would seem to those who hadn't read the books.  I'm hesitant to think anyone who hadn't read the series would be interested in seeing the movie.  They changed the storyline a little bit, but not outrageously.  The chemistry between Stephanie (Katherine Heigl) and Ranger and Morelli (actors I don't really know) was minimal.  It was just uncomfortable and weird.  In any case, I don't recommend the movie, but the books are amusing and fun!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the books, but I can't bring myself to go see the movie. My cousing were talking about how KH was the greatest choice for Stephanie this weekend, but I just don't see it. I do highly recommend the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Katherine Heigl was...OK. Actually, compared to who they chose for Morelli, Katherine was a great choice. Ranger was OK, but he didn't have long hair and he talked too much. The worst part about Katherine was her appearing and disappearing Jersey accent. Debbie Reynolds was hilarious as Grandma Mazur though. :)

    ReplyDelete